April 20, 2020
We are taking many measures to help ensure your safety, including telemedicine visits for social distancing. Telemedicine is covered by Medicare, and by some insurances. Call us to see if we can meet your needs with a telemedicine visit or if not, to reschedule your appointment when you are better. Our number is 317-875-6880.
- We are offering a telemedicine option for certain types of visits. This can be done via interacting with Dr. Frost on the phone after supplying photographs via text, or preferably, through a live interaction using FaceTime on your iPhone, the Google Duo app, or ZOOM. Please call us to see if your situation can be handled with this option, and set up a televisit time with Dr. Frost. Examples of visits which can done with this option:
- Acne visits, including Accutane (Isotretinion).
- Eczema, psoriasis, and other chronic conditions.
- Conditions that require monitoring due to the required medications, ie. methotrexate, hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), mycophenolate (Cellcept), prednisone, etc.
- Because of the limitations of the examination of your skin via photography, it is not possible to do skin cancer checkups or diagnosis of individual moles/growths via telemedicine. It may be possible use the telemedicine option to decide if a given growth requires urgent evaluation, if the photo quality allows it.
- Telemedicine visits are covered by Medicare. Coverage for telemedicine varies greatly among other insurers, so prepayment via credit card is required prior to your telemedicine visit. We will file your insurance, and send you a refund if they cover it.